Astazanthin hasn’t been around all that long but is gaining popularity after more and more studies are done. It is actually an algae that starts off green but turns red when exposed to the sun. This red algae is what turns salmon pink and gives them the energy they need to swim up stream! Here are some other benefits:
- Can act like an internal sunscreen and protect the skin
- Protects against brain diseases like Parkinsons.
- It’s 55 times more powerful than Vitamin E, 800 times stronger than CoQ10 and 6000 times more powerful than vitamin C!
- Improves skins elasticity for a youthful look
- Excellent protection for the eyes and can help prevent macular degeneration & eye fatigue.
- It can also cross the blood brain barrier because it’s both water & fat soluble. Vitamin C is water soluble and cannot cross it, like vitamin A & E are only fat soluble….
- A study showed that athletes taking a placebo gained 22% more strength while those taking astazanthin increased strength by 66%!! An excellent post workout too!
Here is a video that can show you how it can strengthen your cells https://youtu.be/Zc-4dgwGSC8